CureFest Candle Light Vigil
Everyone is welcome to join the CureFest, One Voice Against Childhood Cancer, Candle Light Vigil Thursday September 13, 2018 from 7:30pm to 9:00pm at The Rise, on St. Patrick’s Island Calgary. The park is accessed from the East Village, the Bridgeland/Memorial LRT Station, or by the zoo parking lot.
Buy a “Natasha Thursday’s” candle (proceeds to Natasha’s tribute page) or you can bring your own candle. Pray for kids touched by cancer. Sing a campfire song.
Let them know they are not alone! Together we can find a cure! BFF Challenge; Bring Five Friends! Check our our Facebook to learn more about the BFF Challenge!
CureFest Day Calgary
Everyone is welcome to join CureFest Day Calgary September 16, 2018 from 11:00am to 2:00pm at Confluence Plaza on St. Patrick’s Island Calgary.
The park is accessed from the East Village, the Bridgeland/Memorial LRT Station, or by the zoo parking lot.
Free event for all, lots of fun activities, music & entertainment, guest speakers, childhood cancer related foundations with information booths.
There will be barbecued hot dogs and hamburgers available by donation, complimenting food trucks or BYO (bring your own) picnic! BFF challenge; Bring Five Friends! Check our our Facebook to learn more about the BFF Challenge!
- Music and Entertainment
- Childhood cancer related foundations with information booths
- Delicious food and refreshments
- Beads of Courage Display
- Free Bow Cycle Bike Tune-ups
How to get there
- Train and Walk
- Bridgeland/Memorial Station
- Train and Bike
- Bridgeland/Memorial or Zoo Station (access bike path east of Zoo's north parking lot)
- Park and Bike
- Calgary Zoo North Entrance Parking Lot (access bike path east of parking lot)
- Park and Walk
- St Patrick’s Island (enter off Memorial Drive via Baines Bridge onto Zoo Rd)
- Calgary Parking Authority Lot 74 East Village
- Street Parking East Village
- Canadian Blood Services
- Kids Cancer Care Foundation
- Helping Families Handle Cancer
- Canadian Children Brain Cancer Foundation
- Jamie's Preschool
- Believe in the Gold
- Make-a-Wish Southern Alberta
- Alberta Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Terry Fox Run (Calgary)